Hi there, and welcome to Topaz Reads!
My name is Bina (she/her), and I work in healthcare by day and read voraciously by night (and any other free time I’m able to get). My birthstone is topaz, hence the blog name.
My main genres are epic fantasy and psychological thriller, but I also read horror and romance from time to time. In conclusion, I’m here for all the complex characters, drama, and worldbuilding – with all the angst and/or tension that come from them, too, and I’ll be talking about them here!
Though it is not on the reviewer to warn the reader of content warnings that the book in question may have, as of September 8th, 2022, I include Content Warnings of the book being reviewed at the bottom of every one of my reviews. My reviews themselves don’t need content warnings (except for the occasional curse word, sorry!), but in case you are interested in the novel and since, most of the time, content warnings are never included in the books themselves, I figured I’d include them in my own reviews as a heads up.
In no particular order, here are some of my favorite books:
- Home Before Dark by Riley Sager
- The Escape Room by Megan Goldin
- The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell
- Recursion by Blake Crouch
- The Masquerade series by Seth Dickinson (waiting patiently for the fourth book!)
- The Revanche Cycle series by Craig Schaefer
- Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia
- Last Tang Standing by Lauren Ho
- Goodnight Beautiful by Aimee Molloy
- Fevre Dream by George R.R. Martin
So, yes, welcome! I’m so glad you’re here. I hope you enjoy your stay, and, if you have any recs at all, I’d love to hear them.
The stock photos of book covers are not mine unless otherwise stated. Additionally, book reviews are never sponsored unless otherwise stated; and in the event that they are sponsored, I will give 100% honest feedback.